- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
- Academic Programs
- Bachelor's Degree Program in Integrated Information, Science, and Technology
- Campaign Strategy
- Community Advocacy
- Healthcare Corporate Compliance
- Justice and Public Safety Information Management
- Landscape Design - Arlington
- Law Firm Management
- Legislative Affairs
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Online Politics
- Organization Performance Improvement
- PAC Management
- Paralegal Studies
- Police and Security Studies
- Political Management
- Public Leadership
- Public Relations
- Security & Safety Leadership - Arlington
- Security and Safety Leadership - Hampton Roads
- Semester in Washington Politics
- Strategic Cyber Operations and Information Management
- Strategic Public Relations
- Sustainable Landscapes
- Sustainable Urban Planning
- CPS Faculty
- News & Events
Lean Six Sigma: Graduate Certificate in Organization Performance Improvement
Graduate Certificate in Organization Performance Improvement
Enroll in our 15- hour Graduate Certificate program in Organization Performance Improvement and you will earn Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt Certification and be introduced to a variety of organization performance methodologies. You will develop skills in the analysis of organizational operating processes to identify customer and stakeholder concerns and expectations, root causes of performance problems and related variables, and opportunities to make significant reductions in error, waste, and cycle time.
The program utilizes a blended learning approach that combines online delivery with individual coaching sessions and the development and implementation of an organizational Lean Six Sigma project under the guidance of faculty and a Master Black Belt coach. You will learn to scope the project, identify significant stakeholders, define performance improvement design criteria that meet stakeholder expectations, develop a change management and organization engagement strategy, and map project phases through completion.
Implementing a successful Six Sigma program requires more than a mastery of statistical problem solving techniques - it requires leadership to help teams get things done. Thus our Graduate Certificate focuses jointly on technical mastery and the leadership skills that insure successful implementation.
- Gain a solid general knowledge of the theory, composition and implementation of organizational process analysis and design
- Become proficient in all of the basic analytical tools necessary to Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control Lean Six Sigma improvement projects.
- Learn team leadership and project management skills.
- Lead a complex process improvement project that produces bottom-line results.
- Proficiency exam and final project required
- Online. Participants work on their own time at their own pace
- Free Excel-based data-analysis tool
- Team and individual project coaching consultations
Location: Online, with real-time coaching consultations
Credit Hours: 15
Program Length: 12-24 months
Cost: $930 per credit hour
Fall semester begins Aug. 25, 2014.
For admissions or other information, please contact:
Rick Henry, Program Manager
Phone: (202) 994-9522