- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
8th Annual Ethics & Publishing Conference
The 8th Annual Ethics & Publishing Conference is sponsored by the College of Professional Studies and the Master of Professional Studies in Publishing program.
This year we are focusing on the Ethics of Profit in Scholarly Publishing and bringing together a distinguished group of publishing leaders for presentation and discussion on ethical challenges in a changing publishing landscape.
Is It Ethical To Profit From Information?
- Stephen Rhind-Tutt, Alexander Street Press
Markets And Monographs: Toward A New Funding Model At University Presses
- John Sherer, University of North Carolina Press
Dissemination of Knowledge: The Role of Fair use and Open Access in Scholarly Publishing
- Krista Cox, Association of Research Libraries
The Ethics of Non-consumptive Research
- John Unsworth, Brandeis University
In Video Veritas
- Peter B. Kaufman, Columbia University
Ethics and the Publishing Startup
- John Warren, George Mason University Press
Future-proofing a University Press
- Dean Smith, Cornell University Press
What Money Don’t Buy
- Dr. Philippa J. Benson, American Association for the Advancement of Science
Ethics, Science Fiction & the Global Context
- Michael Jensen, George Washington University
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: What Retractions Tell Us About Scientific Transparency
- Ivan Oransky, Co-Founder, Retraction Watch, and Vice President and Global Editorial Director, MedPageToday
Monday, June 15, 2015
This event is free and open to the public.