- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Offered by the College of Professional Studies
The Graduate Certificate in Organization Performance Improvement (OPI) addresses the growing need in government agencies and corporations to have leaders and other professionals with analytical skills and tools as well as leadership abilities to guide organization performance improvement initiatives that produce desired results such as cost savings, improved customer satisfaction, revenue enhancement, and increased speed and responsiveness. The program is targeted to mid-career persons with a minimum of 3 years of work after college who are looking to increase their capabilities to lead data-driven organization performance improvement initiatives. Students who complete the OPI program of study successfully will receive coveted Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification, in addition to 15 units of academic credit.
The key purposes of the Graduate Certificate in Organization Performance Improvement are to:
1. Develop leaders, particularly in the public sector, who are capable of leading organization change initiatives, managing project teams, and guiding their organizations and teams through change and performance improvement processes.
2. Equip leaders with the understanding, perspectives, tools, and processes to lead structured organization performance improvement projects that utilize change management political savvy; networking strategies; problem definition and scoping methodologies; data collection and measurement tools; methods and tools for analysis and display of data; and strategies and techniques for designing, testing, improving, and implementing innovations.
3. Enable leaders to enhance their abilities to influence others through relationship-building, persuasive communications, and engagement strategies.
- Development and implementation of an organizational Lean Six Sigma project under the guidance of faculty and a Master Black Belt coach
- Green and Black Belt certification exams included
- Delivered fully online
- Can be completed
Location: Online, with real-time coaching consultations
Program Length: 12 months
Tuition (Summer 2016-Spring 2017 Terms): $1,030 per credit hour
Lab fee: $100 per credit hour
This program is not currently accepting applications for admission.
For more information, please contact: