Registration Information

Register Online with GWeb

Most College of Professional Studies registrations are conducted via the GWeb Information System. This system will enroll you in classes and automatically generate your schedule and bill.  The GW Office of the Registrar's website contains important information about registering for classes, including how to prepare to register and how to use GWeb.  If you experience problems with the GWeb registration system during the registration period please call (202) 994-4900 to speak to a registration assistant.

Offline Registration

Occasionally you will need to register using a paper Registration Transaction Form (RTF) instead of through GWeb (for example, late registration and classes requiring special permission to enroll).   Please submit all completed RTFs directly to the College of Professional Studies by (1) scanning and e-mailing to, (2) faxing to 703-299-4144 or (3) mailing to 805 21st Street, NW, Suite 301, Washington, DC 20052.  If you are unsure of whether you need to register with an RTF please contact for assistance.

Non-degree Students

Individuals taking classes but not entering a degree program must first apply as a non-degree student through the Office of Non-Degree Students before registering online.  Note that some CPS programs do not allow non-degree student registrations - please contact the individual program director or representative for details.  

Continuous Enrollment/Leave of Absence

All students in a degree program must stay continuously enrolled in the University during fall and spring semesters, even if they are not taking classes that semester.  If you are planning on not taking classes during a semester please contact for information on the requirements for maintaining continuous enrollment.   Should you fail to remain continuously enrolled and not request and be granted a leave of absence, you will be required to apply for readmission to the College, so please be sure to contact us so we can make sure you register properly in such circumstance.  Please contact your program director directly if you are requesting a leave of absence from your program.

Half-Time/Full-Time Certification for Financial Aid (Graduate Students)

Certification for graduate student financial aid is based on total number of credit hours for which you register in a given semester.  Half-time status requires being registered for 5-8 credit hours, and full-time requires 9 credit hours or more.  Certification requests should be completed using this form and sent to CPS (not to the address indicated on the form) by (1) scanning and e-mailing to, (2) faxing to 703-299-4144 or (3) mailing to 805 21st Street, NW, Suite 301, Washington, DC 20052.  If you have any questions about completing the form or about your status, please contact for assistance.

Refund Policy

CPS follows the university's Student Tuition Refund Policy for Off Campus classes

Questions or Problems

Questions about registration/GWeb during registration period: 202-994-4900
Question about Hampton Roads registration: 757-269-4949

Other questions?  Contact