- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Graduate Certificate or Master's Degree In Paralegal Studies
Offered by The College Of Professional Studies in association with The George Washington University Law School
The paralegal profession is among the fastest growing in America. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects paralegal employment nationwide to increase by at least 27 percent through 2014.
The GW Paralegal Studies programs prepare students to enter the increasingly competitive paralegal profession with confidence and acumen. Students engage in a rigorous, topical course of study that includes legal specialties in Government Law, Intellectual Property Law, and International Law, as well as a concentration in Health Care Corporate Compliance.
Courses balance theoretical, philosophical, and historical study of law with practical applications of communication, analysis, ethics, and legal technology skills. Outstanding lawyers teach courses designed in conjunction with the legal, government, business, financial, and international communities.
In an arrangement that is unique among Washington paralegal programs, CPS is presenting its program in association with the prestigious GW Law School. Paralegal students learn legal research at the Jacob Burns Law Library with GW law librarians, are invited guests to Law School special events such as seminars, lectures, and workshops, and are eligible to participate in the legal clinics, where they work with law professors, law students, and clients.
The George Washington University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, whose purpose is to establish appropriate criteria and levels of educational excellent and effectiveness in colleges.
The GW paralegal studies program is an institutional member of:
- American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE), a national organization whose primary mission is to set high standards for paralegal education
- International Paralegal Management Association (IPMA), an organization that promotes the development, professional standing and visibility of paralegal management professionals
- Lambda Epsilon Chi (LEX), the national paralegal honor society
- National Capital Area Paralegal Association (NCAPA), an organization dedicated to the advancement of the paralegal profession
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA), an organization that promotes a global presence for the paralegal profession and leadership in the legal communit
Senior Marketing and Recruitment Specialist
Toni Marsh, J.D.