The Sustainable Urban Planning (SUP) master’s degree program has received a positive reaccreditation report by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB). The PAB accreditation is a high academic standard that recognizes professional planning programs in North America on the basis of performance, integrity, and quality.
The SUP program first received full accreditation in January 2019. In order to maintain the accreditation status a number of requirements need to be met, including an extensive site visit.
In its report the Site Visit Team noted many areas of excellence, including:
- A unique program curriculum focused on sustainability, with course requirements of a climate science course and a low-carbon cities course;
- An engaged and committed adjunct faculty;
- A Director of Career Services who is a certified career coach and provides one-on-one advising and assistance to students;
- The Program’s developing relationships with HBCUs to create a student pipeline into the sustainability program.
- Professional development support provided to adjunct faculty, allowing them to participate in academic conferences, workshops, and other professional opportunities.
The Sustainable Urban Planning program’s status has now been extended for another five years.
"We are so proud to receive this verification that our curriculum, faculty and students meet the highest standards of academic planning. We look forward to continuing this trend of excellence."
Dr. Sandra Whitehead
Program Director, Sustainable Urban Planning Program