- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Master of Professional Studies in Security and Safety Leadership - Arlington, VA
Become a Leader in Homeland Security
The Master of Professional Studies degree in Security and Safety Leadership (SSL) provides a pioneering education on counter-terrorism, intelligence analysis, emerging security threats, and relevant legislation, enhancing the implementation of security practices in both public and private sectors.
This program offers innovative professional development opportunities for individuals involved in public and private safety sectors, have experience in law enforcement, emergency management, corporate security, transportation security, fire service, public safety, public health preparedness, or the military.
Students are taught by acknowledged leaders in the field of homeland security who bring first-hand experience to the classroom, providing a strong focus on practical experience and strategic application of knowledge.
Program at a Glance
- The master’s program requires students to attend evening and Saturday class meetings. On this schedule, students can complete three courses (9 credits) per term if they wish.
- 12 courses, 36 credit hours, including capstone course
- Complete the master’s degree in as little as 16 months
- Blended delivery combines classroom instruction with online work via Blackboard, GW’s web-based educational platform
- Students attend classes one night per week plus one Saturday per month
How GW Can Aid Your Career in Homeland Security: Security & Safety Leadership Information Session - Online, Feb 10, 2016
06:00pm - 07:00pm Eastern Time