- Large Bank Principal Cyber Risk Examiner at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and GW faculty member, Homeland Security Program
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
- Cybersecurity Engineering of Cyber Physical Systems
- Cyber Conflict
- Cyber Policy
- Cyber Strategy
- Cyber Risk
- Incidence Response
Dr. Albert Olagbemiro is an Information Technology & Cyber Strategist with over 21 years of experience in various roles in both the U.S. Armed Forces and the private sector. He has taught graduate level courses in Software Engineering and Cybersecurity at the both the University of Maryland University College and the Johns Hopkins University, Whiting School of Engineering.
He is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force with both Active Duty & Reserve military service and has held several leadership roles in Logistics, Cyberspace Operations and as a Pol-Mil planner & Strategist at the Squadron, Wing, Field Operating Agency, Combatant Command and Headquarters level. As a consultant, he has worked on and led several Information Technology Transformation initiatives in the public sector as well as managed cybersecurity assessments risk assessments of fortune 100 companies and cybercrime incident response efforts to cyber breaches.
He is currently a Large Bank Principal Cyber Risk Examiner at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. In this role, he is responsible for leading and conducting Cyber Risk examinations and assessments of Large Systemically Important Financial Institutions in the United States as part of the Federal Reserve Board Supervision and Regulatory requirements to ensure the safety and soundness of the U.S. Financial system.
He continues to serve in the U.S. Air Force Reserve as an Individual Mobilization Augumentee (IMA) and is currently assigned to Headquarters U.S. Air Force, as the Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO) Acquisition Capability Division. Prior to his current role, he served as a Squadron Commander. He currently holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Cybersecurity Engineering of Cyber Physical Systems: Convergence of software engineering, systems engineering, operational security, and acquisition to aid in developing secure cyber-physical systems.
- Cyber Risk: Quantitative Modeling of Cyber Risk
- Quantum Information Science: Quantum Computing, Quantum Cryptography
- Masters Military Arts and Science, Theater Operations U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies
- Ph.D. in Software Engineering, U.S. Naval Postgraduate School
- M.B.A., Johns Hopkins University
- M.S. in Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University
- B.S. in Computer Science, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Olagbemiro, “Cyberspace as Complex Adaptive System: Policy and Operational Implications for Cyberwarfare, “International Journal for Cyber Warfare”, Vol 5. No 4 (December 2015)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Distinguished Master Strategist - U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, 2013
- Information Systems Protection