- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
GW Hampton Roads Center - Newport News, VA
GW’s Hampton Roads Center has been offering courses in the Hampton Roads Area since 1958. The Center, then know as the Tidewater Center, offered two courses at Langley Air Force Base. There was no facility or staff. In the mid-1960’s GW’s Center was located on Fort Monroe, Virginia in a converted barracks.
In 1970 the Hampton Roads Center moved its operations into a new building in Hampton, Virginia. By this time the Center had grown to seven full-time faculty, 20 part-time faculty, and an administrative staff of eight.
Today the Hampton Roads Center offers 11 graduate programs on a flexible accelerated schedule. Classes are offered in the evening and on Saturdays. The Center is located in the Oyster Point Corporate Park in Newport News, Virginia. Also know as City Center, GW’s 10,200 squared foot facility is in the Towne Bank Building. There are six classrooms, two student lounge areas, a computer lab, and nine faculty offices on the first floor. The administrative staff is located on the 2nd floor. City Center is an excellent location right off of I-64. There are restaurants, hotels, shopping, banking and ample parking in the beautiful park like setting. The Hampton Roads Center also offers courses in Virginia Beach at the Advanced Technology Center.
Hampton Roads Center Graduate Programs
Graduate School of Education and Human Development (GSEHD)
Programs in Educational Leadership & Administration:
- Educational Leadership & Administration (Master of Arts in Education & Human Development)
- Educational Leadership & Administration (Post-Master's Certificate)
- Educational Leadership & Administration (Education Specialist)
- Educational Administration & Policy Studies (Doctor of Education)
Programs in Human and Organizational Learning:
- Design and Assessment of Adult Learning (Graduate Certificate)
- Organizational Learning and Change (Graduate Certificate)
- Organizational Leadership and Learning (Master of Arts in Education & Human Development)